Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ultra Slim Fast® Wednesday Night Ride

Wow – that was warm. There were about 15 or so people at the Trek Store® Ride Last night. I only got obliterated a couple of times. For the most part, because of the heat, the pace was a little slower than normal. I made it up the last climb (north of Dodge park, where I constantly drop Jon Randell) with the 4 or 5 others. Shim actually looked around and I believe almost fell off his bike to see me there. “fredcube®” he yelled. I was about to issue some reply, but I had to stop with the whole talking thing in order to push my lunch back down where it belonged. The fact that it was slower actually made it harder for me, since it was slow enough that I could hang on if I really worked.

During the ride I drank 48 oz of water and 48 oz of Gatorade® . It wasn’t enough, I was still very thirsty, but I was out of liquids. When I got home, I had another 20 oz of water and about 10 oz of V8® . Man, I love V8® .
For dinner, I had no appetite for solid foods. I went to McDonald’s® and ordered the only thing (besides coffee) I ever get from there. A large vanilla recovery shake. Mmm. Then I went to bed with a slight case of the “Jimmy legs®".

Good ride.

2 comments:

brady said...

When you're downright thirsty, a refreshing Snapple® is the way to go.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Ok, thanks Rush.