Thursday, July 05, 2007

The hills are alive ...

EDIT: In answer to Munson's question(s), I welcome any and all who wish to join, and most likely drop, me. The amount of the pain is entirely up to you.

with the sound of PAIN.

Ooh scary.

Saturday morning, I will leave my house at 6AM for a hill loop that I haven't done for a couple of years. The old Sunday morning Olympia ride. It's down by Dodge park. Lots of climbing. It should take about an hour to get down there. I will repeat the loop for about 2 hours. then go home for a total of about 4 hours. The loop includes Hummel from the steep side every other time by. The loop goes clockwise. Below is a map. The bluish line is the first time. The red is the second part of the loop. So there's kind of an inner loop and an outer loop.



I was just reading through this and noticed I didn't say "loop" enough.
Loop, loop, loop. That's better.

6 comments:

munsoned said...

Heya Fred, where can we meet along the way at a designated time? I suppose I could just try to be around your house at 6am. Charles and 59th, right? Or we could meet at Dodge park at a certain time (but I would make sure to tell myself 15 minutes prior to the designated time so I get there a minute late again). If we setup a time and place, I might be able to get Jon to drive down to meet us. That way we can beat up on him some more. Hills are now his enemy so this ride would be the perfect vengeance ride for us.

Flintstone R Cube said...

I think I will be at Dodge Park at about 6:45. I will wait for you at the entrance. If you show up later than that, you can always go the reverse direction and hook up with me (I will start with the outer loop and skip Hummel, then then inner loop, rinse, repeat ...

munsoned said...

I will be there and try to convince Jon he needs to get some hill training in before cross season. He'll believe me, right?

bryan said...

I might be there. Maybe. If I'm not around when you get to Dodge Park, don't wait for me.

munsoned said...

Man, I'm pumped about this ride. This loop transformed me. When I was a cat 4/5 this was the ride I would do to get stronger. I used to drive there, do hills, then drive home. Eventually I figured out that riding there wasn't a biggie from where I lived and really helped my endurance, power, and fatigue threshold. You spin there nice and easy, destroy yourself on the climbs, then ride home at a crawl feeling demoralized. It was awesome. I have a wedding to go to in the afternoon, so I plan on napping before that. Then I can eat whatever is at the reception with no guilt! I heart biking.

bryan said...

so ... you're saying that since I'm a Cat. 4, I should get my ass to the hills?