Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ho hum

Mayo.

Well, it seems like the cycling year is now officially winding down. The tour is over as well as the careers of many of the riders. The vuelta is on the horizon, but alas, it is during football season. I have trained as much as my schedule would allow, and came up a tad short. My main problem in the crit on sunday was that I'm a scaredy cat 4. I think I'm a little gun-shy from Saturday's wreck that came out of nowhere. I did not have the nerve to get in the pack and so just hung on at the back until I was dropped about 30 minutes into the race.

I hope I get to race in September, but I will be back in school then, so it is doubtful.

Before every race, I vow that it is my last. After every race, I can't wait for another chance.

So Jill and I are going to take a little weekend trip to KC on either the 10-12th of August or the 17-19th. I have assured her, and I'm serious, that I have no intention of doing the Cliff drive classic or whatever it's called on the 11th. I mean who would want to go into that "Cauldron of pain?".

I wonder if she'll say "I think you should do it. It would be a good thing."

I don't really wonder. I don't even want to do it.

Ok, maybe a little.

I mean, I'd like to give Jill a chance to go shopping and everything because I am a good and thoughtful person.

Gee whiz I'm selfless.

5 comments:

Shim said...

Tour of KC is three days of fun this year, Friday evening, Sat and Sunday. You should do it, shopping sucks!

Flintstone R Cube said...

My only fear is getting my foot clipped in. If I can nail it, I'm golden. If I was to pick one of the 3 races, it would be Saturday's. I did it 3 years ago with a broken finger, and had a great time. The taunts from the spectators on that steep climb were the greatest. "No hills like this in Nebraska, eh?"

Good times.

bryan said...

better than being a pussy cat. 4. Just take my wheel next time. I don't crash. True story -- I about took out my teammate and a dozen others in the feedzone on lap 6, but everybody got through on two wheels.

Shim said...

That hills not that bad. I can name ten that are worse in Omaha area.

1. Hummel Hill Southside
2. Hummel Hill Northside
3. Surfside Club Northside
4. Surfside Club Southside
5. Rin Ran Club Climb
6. Fontenelle Hills Golf Course Climb, Northside.
7. Mount Neverest, Road Climb
9. Your mom
10.That hill by the BN's intermodal yard up to 13th street.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Oh yeah, those. I forgot about those or I surely would have mentioned them to the fine people of missouri while I was spinning easily up that hi--
What!?! -- My mom? Hey!