Monday, July 16, 2007

Roy, roy roy roy …

I feel like Rocky after his first fight with Clubber Lang. Yeah, chasing chickens around and pushing an old guy in a wheel barrow or whatever ain’t getting the job done. Time to give old Carl "Baby, you got a stew going" Weathers a call and up the training a notch. Get that “Eye of the Tiger” as the kids’ grandparents say.

So today’s lunch ride was extremely painful. My legs haven’t felt this way in a year or more. And they used to feel like this just about every day. I said the other day that I think heart rate monitors suck. Bullshit. I wore it today. Looks like I’ve been training in about Zone 2/3 most of the time. Oops. I guess I overestimated how hard I was working.

Every year there’s this time when I remember what pain feels like and that I can handle it for a little longer. Just a few more seconds … Now quit? no, just a few more seconds, and maybe a little harder, etc.

5 comments:

brady said...

"You've got to carry that fear inside you, afraid everybody will take things away, that you'll be remembered as a coward, that you're not a man any more. Well, none of it's true."
- Adrian, Rocky III

I'm still barking on ya, kid.

bryan said...

who is the 'Rocky' you speak of? Never seen the movies. Any of them.

Flintstone R Cube said...

I don't know who you are anymore.

bryan said...

I hear the Penguin was somehow involved in all of this. Did Cesar Romero have anything to do with it? How about Frank Gorshin?

Flintstone R Cube said...

Women weaken legs! Quack, quack, quack.