Tuesday, July 10, 2007

4 days until certain glory

Well, today's Union Pacific lunch ride was excellent. Legs are feeling good. I can't do the Wednesday Night (Trek Store) ride this week due to a schedule conflict, but maybe the difference will be beneficial for the crit I'm going to win on Saturday.

I haven't raced since 2005, and that was one of those Branched Oaks road races. That was the day my legs both froze up (cramps) on the last lap. That was actually pretty funny (except for the pain). I could not bend my legs. The quads were stuck in the "on" position. Ouch.

I remember one thing, though. Even though I finished like something-teenth out of twenty-something, I knew beyond a shadow that I gave it everything and felt better about my performance than ever before. I mean, at one point, I got dropped and caught back up to the group once they hit the headwinds. Who does that? I'll tell you who. This guy (just before cramping up and nearly falling off my bike because my legs wouldn't bend).

6 comments:

bryan said...

wait, you're going to win on Saturday? why didn't you tell me that before I blew 20 bucks. Thanks for the heads-up.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Here's the thing. I did not mention it earlier because I know it will be a good experience for you. And by "bucks" I hope you mean dollars, and not registrants.

bryan said...

uhh ... yeah ... dollars.

brady said...

Hey Fred, I'm barking on you Saturday.

Flintstone R Cube said...

How do you know I don't be point shavin'?

brady said...

Hey man, I read your blog. You already said that you weren't going to shave...just clean up your ride. Plus, as you once said, "gotta stick to the original plan." I'm still barking on you, son!