Thursday, May 07, 2009

Well that took a while


Last October, we bought a used house. It was across the street from the old house. Since then, The Mrs has completely remodeled it. It looks great. It is almost finished. It was not almost finished when we moved in which was April 1. For about 3 weeks we slept on the floor (mattress, we're not barbarians) amidst the drywall dust and paint fumes. It sucked. But the worst part was that the television I bought in December was still in it's huge box.

Not anymore. It is now attached to the wall as if by magic or some sort of "wall mounting hardware" (nickname in college). There are surround sound speakers flush mounted to the wall and ceiling in various places. A big effing sub-woofer over on the floor. a PS3 (i don't even play games, but I went a little crazy) - all controlled by the MCP - this Harman Kardon receiver dealy. Yeah - it's got AM/FM just in case I ever just want to listen to music on my big-huge screen TV. Mostly I just watch Iron Man and Planet Earth on Blu-Ray.

And you know what else? I'll tell you. PS3 (besides being a blu-ray player) has a web browser. So if for some reason I want to watch something on say HULU or something. Boom, there it is on the big screen in surround sound. A little jerky (internet thing) but still pretty cool.

No comments: