Monday, September 09, 2013

What are the odds?

Well I now realize that both of my sons are geniuses.  I just went into their room to tell them it was lights out and found them both huddled over a notepad where Jack was finishing his drawing.

"Ok lights out guys," I said.

"Wait dad.  I want to show you something,"  Jack stalled.

"Fine.  What?"

"Ok, first, here is a picture of a guy riding a moose," Jack said, showing me this:


Now both boys start giggling.  They know what comes next.  The writing is on the wall.  The instructions are on the notebook paper "turn to next page"  So with what I can only assume is the sweet innocence of a ten year old, discovering the beauty of absurdity, he proudly declares, "And here's a picture of a moose riding a guy!"  While both boys laugh hysterically.  I, on the other hand was deeply disturbed.  Oh I was also laughing hysterically.  On the inside.













No comments: