Saturday, August 18, 2007

Shabbos +1 - 1 (Today, Saturday)


Well that was pretty nice. Brady and I went to Arlington. Well Arlington NE, anyway. We followed the trail to Fort street, then kind of went the Trek store route down Irvington until State street west to military, where we just did the Bike Masters Wednesday night route - plus the roll down to Arlington. It ended up being 61 miles in around 3:20. So the world is in no danger of burning up.

I figured since it was so hard to keep up with Brady, that he must really be getting better, but he assured me that he isn't. That I am getting slower.

Tomorrow is the Corporate cycling challenge. I'm pretty sure that I am not going to feel like trying to keep up with the Marco's group, but I probably will (try) anyway.

Now I have to go develop an excuse for tomorrow (something like "Man I drank a lot last night! Whew!).

Until tomorrow ...

3 comments:

brady said...

What are you talking about? I got dropped on that hill that you forgot to mention was harder than it looked. Oh yeah, thanks Fred. And nice picture...that's a good memory to have of this ride. I was wondering why you didn't take a picture of the fresh deer road kill or the raccoon with his guts splayed out down the street from the flattened squirrel. But now I see that you were going for a more dignified presentation of death, and not the cheap and sleazy. You're a real class act.

bryan said...

Marco's in Puerto Rico. You'll have to try to keep up with Gary Schmidt instead.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Brady: I only chose that photo because one of the nation's fallen has the same first name as me (well the frederickcube derivation) - as clearly seen.

Bryan: Oh good. Last year he (Marco) was on the cell phone for most of the ride anyway. Dropping people at will, chatting away. It was a little annoying. Forget about Gary Schmidt. Unless I can figure out a way to get a pump in his spokes, it's so over.