Sunday, August 26, 2007

See you next May.

Farewell the neighing steed, and the shrill trump,
The spirit-stirring drum, the ear-piercing fife,
The royal banner, and all quality,
Pride, pomp, and circumstance of glorious war!

Yeah I'd say that pretty much sums it up, even though I have no idea what it means.

If I were to try to translate it, I'd probably say something like

Bye horse.
Bye horn.
Bye drum and fife (don't know what a fife is).
Bye flag and good cottony fabric.
I'll miss you, war. Sorry I can't do more slaying and stuff, but I have to die now.

I'm totally guessing. I never read Othello (which is where this comes from, according to Wikipedia).

Anyway, if all goes as planned, I will be a college graduate by spring time. If not, well later then.

School starts tomorrow, so It's going to be crazy around here again for the next 9 months.

Then I go for the Masters. Woohoo. But Honestly, that should be easier.

Note: I thought I should add that my degree WILL NOT be in Shakespeareology. I'm not sure that was obvious by my whole "not knowing what a fife is" and stuff.

3 comments:

bryan said...

a fife is a little flute, basically. its range is a little smaller, but its pitch is higher.

and where the fook were you this morning?

and good luck on the schooling. you would have been taught a lesson today for sure.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Oh good. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it must be some sort of awl, Since the Bard describes it "ear-piercing".

I went golfing on Sunday morning. I don't golf much (3 times in my life) but it is a lot of fun.

brady said...

That's what that thing is in my utility drawer. I thought it was a lobotomizer. You know, in case of an emergency...