Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wednesday night ride.

Ok, I went to the Trek Store ride last night. I expected to be able to hang with those guys. I don’t know why. I was riding like I thought I could keep up with them (pulling at times), and got dropped very early. Earlier, in fact than ever before. I made it all the way out of the Trek store parking lot before the problems began. Actually, I did not get into trouble until Highway 36. But I’ve always made it to the Trace before. I felt like I kind of had to pee most of the way to Ft Calhoun, so I debated and decided to use the restroom at the Gas Station. Man. I think I lost 3 lbs there. I felt like a new person. I don’t know if it was related to my failure at the cave, but I’m saying it to make me feel better. If you can’t ride better, make excuses better. Nobody believes you, but they always nod and act like they understand when they’re actually thinking “Yeah that. And you’re slow.” But I always feel better when I can fashion a good excuse that I can believe. Not as good as if I stay with the group, but hey, I’ll take what I can get.

I’m going to check with Missus Fred (or am I Mister Jill) and see if we can’t plan on me being a regular at the Wednesday ride. The result of the ride for me was I already felt stronger this morning. I needed to get out and have a hard effort.

I don’t know, maybe I should just get one of those Segway dealies.

No comments: