Saturday, June 16, 2007

6 am ride to Louisville (NE)

Ok, so it started out at about 6 AM. I was standing in my kitchen, eating a bowl of Life cereal, when I noticed Brady circling around the street in front of my house. I guess I should get going, I thought. So I got dressed and stuff and went outside.

Weather was perfect.

So we headed to the trail to meet up with Brant, who would be heading north. We went down to 370 to 50 to Louisville. Pretty basic stuff. Nice ride. The other 2 guys made it really difficult at the beginning. Me just trying to hang on until I got warmed up. For some reason, it takes me about 30-45 minutes before I feel warm. The good thing was that I went to bed about 10:30 last night. Of course, I missed out on the edgy thrilling debate on Munson's blog about which sport has REAL athletes. That seems to have gone on into the morning. A lot of new ground was covered on that. No wonder they couldn't get up early and ride. Oh well. Maybe they'll bring up the old "people who don't wave to you" debate. I'll have to stay up late for that if it happens. But anyway, I sacrificed. The ride ended up being 66 Miles. We averaged 19.5 MPH. I was pretty pleased with that since I felt like we could have gone faster. I have been wondering why the lunch rides seem so tough anymore. I thought it was because I'm not in race shape, but I think part of it is these U.P. guys are pretty fast this year.

I am finally feeling better on the rides. It has taken a good 6 weeks, but I think switching to filtered smokes has helped a lot. I also try to limit myself to a pack a day, since I'm in training and all.

1 comment:

Alan said...

We were all looking foreword towards your input. Dinner at 5, in bed by 8?

Does that pompus prick at UP still think he's the shit on the lunch rides?