Thursday, June 21, 2007

U.P. Train(ing) ride for June 21, 2007

So today, it was Wesley, Edley, Shimley and Hinsley. Apparently Surge Ullrich is still a little sore from his spill last Friday.He descends just like the real Ullrich! Spectacular.
Anyway, since the beavers took care of business last night, there was no afternoon game. So we were able to go south without the CWS crowds getting in the way. It was a good ride. It was nice and warm. We went at a good steady pace. Shim was "tired" because he actually kept up with the lead group last night. Fool. I know better. Yeah - I could have stayed on, but I knew I had to save myself for the 45 minute lunch ride.

Ok, I was tired too. But that's mostly because after last night's ride, I was experimenting with my brand new breathalyzer. That was fun.
"what's that fredcube? You bought a breathalyzer?"
Oh yeah. Actually, I only got up to .06 last night (school night and all), but I didn't want to set the bar too high right away. It goes up to .40. Maybe someday, I'll turn it over! A guy can dream.

Oh yeah, then I had to go to court for a while, today.

So let's see ...
He commutes everyday by bicycle,
He buys a breathalyzer,
He has to go to court ...

You guessed it, I'm trying to get my child support lowered.

So here's a short transcript of the courtroom drama:

I'm like, "I want to pay less child support"
and my ex-wife's like, "I want him to keep paying the same amount."
and so I'm all "noooo ..."
and she's all "yessss ..."
and my laywer's all "I object and stuff"
and my ex-wife (who's a lawyer) is all "i'll like withdraw the question."
and my lawyer is like "fine"
and my ex-wife is like "fine"


and that took like 3 hours.

Oops. I've veered off course. Better go try out the old breathalyzer.

As the kids say, w00t.

No comments: