Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday Extra: Why You should be reading Fredcube

I try to stay several days ahead of the news.  Today, it's all over the news that Mike Tyson has a new book coming out.  I mentioned Tyson on Friday as an example of someone not making excuses after a loss.

I also talked about his crazy post-savarese rant where he said he would very much like to eat Lennox Lewis' children.

Turns out that now, not only has he written a book full of what appear to be excuses for his bizarre behavior, but he claims that when he fought Savarese he was all coked up and stoned on marijuana.


The news article describes his brilliant method of fooling the testers using a fake dick that the guys used to pass around or something.  Um.  Yuck.


So if somebody said "Hey Tyson, why did you compare yourself to Alexander, Liston and Dempsey,"  instead of the answer that I'd like to hear ("I say stupid stuff"), It would be more like, "Oh, I'm actually an intellectual giant, but I was under the influence of lots of drugs and someone else's penis."

Oh well.  As long as Steve Spurrier doesn't write a book, I'll still have one "no excuse" role model in the world.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/11/13/tyson-admits-being-high-on-drugs-during-several-fights/

No comments: