Saturday, February 27, 2010

I talked to Spence while spinning today.

Well, Spence was spinning, I wasn't. I thought I was going to be spinning an hour later, but it turns out today was "National Spin for 2 hours for a donation of 75 dollars" day. Ok, maybe that's wrong. It's just that when I asked the front desk person if there was a sign up sheet for the 8:15 spin class, I was informed that there was no spin class today because spin class was filled up with people who had paid 75 bucks to spin for 2 hours for some fund raiser. Don't get me wrong. I don't think Spence paid the 75 dollars. He was just on one of the bikes alone in the spin bike/aerobic room, spinning. He looked like he'd been there a while too. All sweaty and stuff. So I stopped in and chatted with him for a while. Turns out, you don't necessarily need an actual class to spin. As long as there's no step-aerobics or anything going on, nobody's going to say anything to you for mounting one of those bad-boys and going for a quick ride. Sweet.

Anyways I had a back up plan. I always do. You never know if spin class will be filled up or there will be a national "spin for 2 hours to save the whales" day. So I suited up and hit the basketball court. Good thing too. After I warmed up a bit, I was hitting 3-pointers (I mean like honest-to-goodness, nothin' but net, swishes) like a mad man. It was as if I had some sort of Baset-ball Jones ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh wee. Tyrone Shoelaces would have been very impressed. My top.

2 comments:

BlogDaCzech said...

At the Valley YMCA they have an electronic spinning bike. It's a regular spinning bike that has a video screen and a headphone jack. It contains pre-programmed rides with a guy that looks like Scott Frost giving you the instructions. You can bring your own thumb drive with music if you want to build your own program.

Also, down in Kansas City at the Science Center there's a robot that can make perfect shots from anywhere on the court.

Basketball Jones, I got a basketball Jones, I got a basketball Jones oh baby ooh ooh ooh!

Flintstone R Cube said...

I'm more of a gas-powered spinning bike kind of guy myself.

So if I catch your meaning, if I get your drift, I need to stop fooling around with this exercise thing and let technology take care of it. The machines are better anyway.

Scott Frost is only 1/2 relevant because The Beloved Huskers split the championship with Michigan while he was ending his QB career.