Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I saw Johnny Rodgers limping around work today.



I was not limping, he was. Limping Jet? I'm not sure what he was doing here. I think he's planning on making a comeback. He's shorter than I thought he would be.

Wouldn't it be weird if you were a really good college football player and you returned a kickoff (I think it was a kickoff - which means the other team scored - rats) all the way to the end zone and you won the Heisman Trophy and you went to Canada instead of going to the NFL and then you did not brutally kill your ex-wife and her boyfriend's Dad's son and you lived for 40 more years or so and you walked around Omaha and people everywhere still recognized you? I think it would be weird.


Ok, so I'm back in school again. [obligatory comment] But this time, it's personal. The class, I'm only taking 1 class, is called "Advanced Operating Systems" which means that it is an advanced class on operating systems, not a class on advanced operating systems. Boy was my face red when I found that out. Now that I'm taking Master's level classes, I have a really really really big ego about it. I'm like, "Who put all these underclasspersons in this building?"
And they're like, "We did."
And I'm like, "Bastards."

Surely you've all heard the news: Lance Armstrong figured out a new way to get by the testers. Yeah! He's coming back! I was so sad when he quit last time. I understood it. The testing was getting too good and he could not risk getting caught. Did his old teammates learn? No - they all got busted. Except for Hincapie who hides the drugs in that gross vein.

Anyway, it will be cool. He should be able to last for a week or so before he fakes a tour ending accident.

Jeez, it kind of sounds like I don't like the guy. It's not true. He's easily my favorite cyclist and I hope he actually does compete in the tour. Then people will know about cancer - because whatever Lance says he's going to do, he does. Except stay with his wife forever.

Jeez, there I go again. Seriously, I like Lance. He's just full of shit. Nothing wrong with that.

He is not doing the tour again for his own personal glory. It is to raise cancer awareness. After the 2009 TDF, people will be like, "Oh, cancer. Man I can't believe my new awareness level. Sweet."

He's doing this so people will know that a cancer survivor can win the tour 8 times. Right now, they think a cancer survivor can only win it 7 times. Silly people. I might have to get me one of these, now:



Good Luck Lance.

See I put that there so that when Lance Armstrong google's "Lance Armstrong" later today and sees the count has gone up again and reads this post, he will realize that I'm just having a little fun at absolutely no expense to him and hopefully drop the lawsuit because not only is Lance Armstrong completely innocent of all doping offenses past and future, he also likes to sue anyone who says otherwise just to, you know, further prove his innocence.

Uh ... Will Landis be eligible by next year?




Edit:
Mike (hugenerd, not Munson) has a comment for me that is visual in nature, so since I'm on blogger and not "MyTeenSpace", I have to post the photo for him. This is apparently regarding my Lance Armstrong take:

10 comments:

brady said...

I saw Fredcube come out of blogging retirement today

Flintstone R Cube said...

I was on shabbotical. I may go back. Thing is, I'm mostly done with my book (the one I'm reading, not writing) and I have a little time. Thing is, I've fallen pretty hard for Dagny Taggart. I've got some Reardon metal for her, if you know what I mean, har har.

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

"because whatever Lance says he's going to do, he does. Except stay with his wife forever"

Nice... Good thing he keeps all the important commitments.

Is your shobbotical over now?

Shim said...

OK, this is four posts in a row where I wasn't mentioned. Your starting to give me a complex. Maybe you can write something about Munson having to turn my number right side up just prior to the start of the state road race (I was protesting something), or maybe about my attempts to hiest the secret formula for Kentucky Fried Chicken this week.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Bob: i know right?

Shim: It's about time. I heard the news about the KFC secret recipe relocation plan. My official response was "are you fucking kidding me?"

I assure you - I meant no disrespect. I promise, I will mention you, albeit, sometimes subliminally (where's shim), in every post from now on. And I remember that Munson thing. Crazy that he even noticed that your number, 69, was upside down in the first place.

Shim said...

What was odd was that he didn't understand the significance in the number 69. I tryed splainin but he didnt get it. He just mummbled something about face.

brady said...

Except for Hincapie who hides the drugs in that gross vein

Don't you have some gross vein popping out of your neck?

hypocrite

munsoned said...

Brady, you also forgot about the gross vein that pops out of his forehead when he gets angry and/or sprints.

bryan said...

wait, Fred rides a bike?

Flintstone R Cube said...

No Bryan. By "sprint", munson is referring to the leisurely stroll I take to the green after a beautiful approach shot. Sometimes, I get a bit winded walking up hills to the fairway, but if I bend over for a while, resting my hands on my knees, I can usually catch my breath in a few minutes and make the big veins go away.