Thursday, September 25, 2008

About 400 pages to go ...

Well I found out who Yossarian is. That was at about page uh 1 or so. I am really enjoying this book, but ...

Much like "M*A*S*H", "Catch-22" could stand to put the hash pipe down, man.

I've read the first chapter of the book. I finished "the Longest book I'll ever read" last night. To get that taste out of my mouth, I grabbed the copy of Catch-22 that Brady stole from Starbuck's and loaned me. Deep in the middle of the book, was placed a little note from Brady. Some threat about returning the book. Oh, I'll return it, but first I have to decide how I want Irving Washington to censor it.

More later as things develop. So far (11 pages), the book is much better than the Movie.

I may as well summarize so far:

The texan killed the soldier in white.
Everybody was so sick of the texan they got well and left the hospital
Except the Agent put there to see if people were faking it. He caught a cold from a Pilot with Malaria or something.
Good stuff.

3 comments:

murphini said...

With Brady out of the country, someone has to post.

Therefore:

"I yearn for you tragically.
A. T. Tappman, Chaplain, U.S. Army."

and....

Milo Minderbender should be the next Secretary of the Treasury as he was able to figure out a way to eell eggs at 5Cents that he bought in Malta for 7cents and make still a profit.

Shim said...

Fred, I think this post is lacking something.

Flintstone R Cube said...

sorry shim.

Thanks Murphini. By the way ... I used to have a Japanese road bike called a Maruishi RoadAce. Since I couldn't afford a fine Italian bike, I just pronounced the make as ro-a-dah-chi to give it a nice Italian sound.