Thursday, June 04, 2015

iDefine

You know, I never really wondered or cared about cave droppings.  Or drippings.

A couple of weeks ago, I made a commitment to post on Wednesdays instead of Thursdays.  Well, as far as I'm concerned, if I can squeeze it out on Thursday, no problem.

There was no Devo Dirt Militia practice tonight (rain), but there is a code promotion.

So while that's going on over there on the Bill Gates, I'm writing to you from the Steve Jobs (R.I.P.).

I did the WNW last night for the 4th or 5th time this year.  Up until last night, I had never (this year) stayed in touch with the main group to the finish of the ride's first challenge.  I would have last week, but I had a flat tire.  Oh yeah and by the way: FTG.

Anywho's, there's been some serious racing and some high quality extra elite crashing going on for these guys.  There's another big race weekend this week, so they're taking it easy.

This means I get to hang with them on WNW for the most part.

For me, it's still like the hardest ride ever, but at least I'm mostly with them.

Once the ride was coming to an end last night and we were cruising back to the shop, I got to ride with my good friend Brady for a while.  Anymore, it's a rare treat because his riding is mostly dedicated to a specific purpose - and it's working.  Good on ya' mate.

But we were on the trail chatting away about the god particle and stuff when we went under a bridge that has a slimy wet stream running across the path.  Brady warned me that it might be slippery under there.

I said "Under where?"

Then he pointed at me and laughed. I have no idea why.

But then I said, "Yeah it's like stalactites are forming under there."

But he didn't bite.  He just said, "Wait.  I think that would be stalagmites."

I said, "You're probably right.  I think stalactites are what german cyclists wear and stalagmites are what they get when they don't wash their stalactites between rides.  Real itchy, those stalagmites.  A scourge to be sure."

Stupid, I know.  But way funnier after a long hard ride.  Well, hard for me anyway.

Thanks guys for taking it easy on the beaver last night!  Oh yeah, and screw you.  Jerks.

No comments: