Thursday, January 08, 2009

Where are the Blogdens of yesteryear?

Well, I got my first “hard” ride of the training program in yesterday. I have been feeling hungry lately (couldn’t be the 1500 calorie diet) so I wasn’t sure how 80-90% HR work was going to go over. It was good. It was on the trainer in the basement of the new house where stuff is all torn up. There is only cinder block walls and concrete floors. Very “Rocky”.

I should mention that I am only doing this to get back into shape and lose some weight. I won’t be doing any racing. I might do some group rides, but mostly I can’t wait to golf again. So there it is Shim, no need to suggest McRibs. I won’t be doing the Masters 45 races. You’re safe.

Anyway – the hard workout was very enjoyable. There was even a pool of perspiration under the bike when I finished. Haven’t seen that in a while. The thing that is the hardest (as I mentioned before) is avoiding the temptation to do too much. My program now has me waiting until Saturday to ride again.

But that’s cool. I can watch the big football game/commercials tonight, I guess. But I’d rather be riding. Probably a good sign.

2 comments:

Shim said...

I saw a commercial on the game tonight mentioning the return of the McRib!

brady said...

"Où sont les Blogdens d'antan?"

My basement's similar - Cinder block and concrete with a commode in the corner. It's a 600 sq ft bathroom with a fluid trainer and a set of rollers to boot.

Looking forward to our next group ride.