Friday, January 25, 2008

Renewed faith in humanity


It seems the older I get, The more stupidity I see. I think it's just me getting older, I don't really think that people are getting stupider as quickly as it appears. I did expect reality TV to tank at some point. We all know that it's here to stay now. Oh shit, I forgot to record "Idol" this week. <-- See, I don't even call it "American Idol" 'cause it's like my buddy now.

Anyway, I saw this story and I realized that all is not lost. There may indeed be hope for humanity. I do not think Jordan is exaggerating either. If anything, he understates the significance.

---------------

Fans Line Up In Atlanta For New Air Jordans
POSTED: 8:30 am EST January 25, 2008
UPDATED: 10:18 am EST January 25, 2008


ATLANTA -- People began lining up Wednesday outside Walter's clothing store in downtown Atlanta for Nike's new Air Jordans that go on sale Friday.

"It's cold out here, really cold," Reggie Roberts told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as he waited to plunk down $230 for the shoes. "But I want these shoes. I gotta have these shoes."
fred notes: 230 is 10 * 23!

This is the 23rd edition of shoes names for Michael Jordan, who wore the Number 23 jersey. Only 23 pairs will be sold at 23 stores nationwide, with Atlanta and Miami being the only cities in the Southeast.

"The AIR JORDAN XX3 is deeply meaningful to me, as a celebration of both my life and career. The number 23 is obviously of great significance to me and the release of the XX3 is a pinnacle moment in the Brand’s history,” said Michael Jordan in a release from Nike. “I’m honored and humbled by the AIR JORDAN franchise’s loyal following after all these years. The release of this shoe is exciting and a dream come true for me.”

The first Air Jordan was released in 1985.
fred notes: 1 + 9 + 8 + 5 = 23!

The owner of Walter's, Jeff Steinbook, says his is the only Georgia store selling the shoes.

The group lined up outside his store was a mix of 20-something Michael Jordan fans and middle-aged professionals.

A financial analyst from Stone Mountain, 45-year-old Vince Shields, took off two days from work. He says he plans to add the new Air Jordans to his collection of 75 pairs of sneakers.

One man drove from Tallahassee to wait snag a pair.

4 comments:

brady said...

In the third grade, I won a pumpkin by choosing #23 in a raffle. That was back in '77. It's been my favorite number since.

Shim said...

Dude, you choked! Where is Buck?

Flintstone R Cube said...

Um. I have it right here. I suppose you want me to uh interoffice it to you.

bryan said...

Barb is right. You should probably check out that site and see the amazing opportunities awaiting you.