Friday, May 22, 2015

Sorry (Actually - Apology - they're different)

So here's the thing - poor planning has resulted in my recent lack of posts.  I am going to have to change the due date. I will now publish on Wednesday nights.  But I will post on Friday this week since Wednesday has already passed.  Sometime after work tomorrow, I'll put words down.  So look for it.  It's gonna be great.

I'm not for sure what it's gonna be about.  But I have already written the first sentence in my brain.

So there's that.

Here's what happened.  On Thursdays, I go to Devo practice with Jack.  After that, I tend to have to work if there's a deployment of new software.

Neither of these things happened last Thursday when I didn't post or even talk about not posting.

Last Thursday, it was too wet to ride off road around here.  Last Thursday, there was no code deployment for me to put into place.

But I won a bunch of money in a golf pool the previous weekend and my brother-in-law stopped by to pay me.

Well after about a thousand beers, I started writing.  I was going strong too.  But my wife said, "You're not really going to try to write tonight are you?"

I was all, "Yeah.  Why?  Narf!"


She was all, "Cause you got your drunk on."

That was all I needed.  I got up from the keyboard and watched TV.  I also played some John Mellencamp song on my guitar.  It sounded pretty good too. Although, it might not have been "My" guitar.  There's a good chance I was actually playing it on my radio.

Geez, this apology is almost long enough to qualify as a post.  But no.  A promise is ...

So I'll get back to you tomorrow.  Because this Thursday had the Devo and the Code Deployment (which I just finished at about 11:30). And a thousand beers, but anywho's.  Have a nice day.  I'll chat with you tomorrow.  Good night.

Hmm?  What?  Oh, the sentence?  Sure, I guess.

The first sentence from tomorrow's make up entry:

Call me Ishmael ...


It's going to be a really really long blog post.

And one more thing.  Here's a really old photo of my dad:

It's a clip-on
And what the hell.  Here's last week's drunken beginning of a post ...

One time I was reading this book.  It was a book called "American Psycho."  Yeah, they made a movie out of it.

Anyway, there were some parts in it that were so gross that I thought there was actually something wrong with the guy who had written the story.  I wondered if maybe a guy who writes that sort of thing has ...

1) actually done that disgusting stuff or otherwise how would he dream it up

or

2) is living out his sick fantasies through his writing,

I was reading this book I mentioned above when I got all freaked out by a certain passage about meat grinders or heads in the fridge or whatever, when Jill asked me if I needed to put the book in the freezer.

This was a reference to "Friends."

I didn't know the reference, but it turns out that Joey (from friends) would put a book in the freezer when something in it bothered him.

It's been many years since I've had a gross thought.  I used to have them all the time.  I would be in a group of people and think, "What's the most inappropriate I could say right now?"

It's a fantastic exercise.  Free entertainment.

I haven't thought about it in years, but it started happening about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I have realized that it is because I am now in a job I love.  I have no idea what the correlation is between peace and the most vile thoughts ever, but

... It's at this point that I was so wisely interrupted by Jill saying something like "You're not really going to write ..." or whatever.





1 comment:

brady said...

This explains a lot. Thanks for posting. Very enjoyable