Thursday, March 10, 2011

Who's crazy now?

I've been listening to Sheen's Korner lately. I enjoy it quite a bit. He just sounds like a pissed off guy to me. Not real crazy. I mean unless Brady's crazy. Because I think Charlie Sheen is channeling him.

For example, If you watch the following video (Watch the whole thing if you have time) from about 10 minutes or so in and then read a comment from Brady about a post of mine a while back, there's an eerie similarity. I actually think Sheen has been reading Brady's comments. Winning!

Charlie's Korner

Brady Said:

When your (two) readers finish reading this blog, chances are one of them will have said, "It is what it is."

Good God I hate that one.

Of course it is, you stupid parrot.

Oh, please excuse me, I forgot. Self-affirming statements make you appear more intelligent, right?

In the age of Relativism, nothing can be called what it is. Instead, we should strive to speak, write and to even think in vague generalities.

For this reason, I think (never say aloud) in its double-negation, as in: "it isn't what it isn't".

But even more, the existentialist would argue that everything we experience is already in the past, for by the time our myopic brains record what our eyes have sensed -- as when your neighbor shouts, "I SEEN IT!! IT IS WHAT IT IS!! -- it has already happened.

Thus, even better than above, one should think in doubly-negated past terms, as in: "it wasn't what it wasn't."

But if I'm feeling really obtuse, then I turn directly to my all time personal favorite, the "Future in the Past" tense. The beauty of this tense is that it encapsulates the best of both worlds: the future wrapped in the reality of the past.

Hence, I present the best of all, the double negative, future in the past version: "it wasn't what it wasn't going to be".

3 comments:

munsoned said...

Even better is this!

Hilarity!

brady said...

Carlos the frog lived in the Amazon rain forest. He was bright and colorful. Some of the natives tried to catch him to make poison blow darts to kill monkeys for food. Anyway, Carlos lived in a small creek. The creek was heavily polluted by toxins from the enormo chemical company setup by the white man. Carlos didn't mind. The chemicals made his brain do fantastic things, like make him think that he was a rockstar from the Saturn moon of Titan, where sirens attended his every need. Then one day, the chemicals shutdown his kidneys. The sirens and everyone else said it was nothing to worry about, just a hernia. By this time, Carlos no longer believed he lived in a creek. It didn't matter. He died a short time later.

I always pity the National Geographic specials about the amphibians. They seem to be the bellwether of bad tidings.

If Sheen and other Hollywood nut jobs are feeling the pinch, what do the rest of us slobs have coming to us?

Flintstone R Cube said...

Thanks Munson. That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
Shim - What the hell is Brady talking about?