Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm just going to ease back into this blogging thing.

First of all, I just wanted to post some photos of my old bike. A 2001 LeMond Zurich. For a long time, I had some dura-ace open pros on it, but now I've got them on the Cannondale, and so the original wheels are on the old bike. I like to call my bike "Ol' Yeller and Blue". It has been consigned to the trainer for the last 3 years and has become corroded by sweat. It's been nearly impossible to shift to the big ring because of the old rusty cables responsible for that duty. Tuesday morning, the cable finally snapped. I decided to run the bike over to Olympia for a Makeover (and new cables).

It ended up being quite a job because some parts had rusted to the frame. But in less than 24 hours, They returned it to me like this!!!




Wow, I might just start riding again. Olympia is my favorite shop. It helps that it's in the 'hood.

Well anyway, here's a preview of what you'll be looking at most of next Spring/Summer:



If you like the way it looks, thank the guys at Olympia.

I'm just kidding. I'll be golfing.

7 comments:

BlogDaCzech said...

After I get my bike a tuned up I get confused because I'm pedaling, but I can't hear my bike. I have to keep looking at my back wheel to make sure I'm still moving. Ugh!

Wes J said...

The aero-bars are what makes the bike look so good. Is that a thank you to Olympia Cycle or do I get the credit for that?

Shim said...

Damn, Dude is back!

brady said...

Aside from screaming at the top of your lungs to demand immediate medical treatment, forcing an issue typically results in consequences.

What's more, many times the consequences (of applying too much force) will put you in a recursive loop that requires you to scream a the the top of your lungs to demand medical treatment.

Indeed, it's best to let the chips fall where the will. Yes. Let it flow naturally.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Shim, the hell brady's talking about is the title of this post. I think.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Jeez Brady Sorry. Shim - I was wrong. I thought Brady's comment was about the title of my post. I just read his disturbing blog entries and realize he's once again talking about his horrifying experience with hemorrhoids.

brady said...

You taught me the art of leaving a breadcrumb by posting a comment on my blog shortly after creating new content at Fredcube.

Of course, at least your comments were always lucid. After re-reading mine above, and I'd have to agree with preempting Shim's response: what the hell is Brady talking about?