Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thanks Wes, someday I will repay your great kindness

source

There lived a huge and fierce lion in a forest. Once, weary after a long day of hunting, the lion returned to his cave and soon fell asleep.

Not long after, a little mouse chanced upon the lion’s cave. Thinking that there might be food inside the cave, and not realizing that it was a lion’s lair, the mouse decided to explore the cave.


As it was dim inside the cave, the mouse could not see clearly. Suddenly, the mouse hit against something very big, and it felt warm to the touch.

"This must be my day!" the mouse thought. "This could be a big meal!"

The mouse walked around the thing that he had hit to find out what it was. As he looked, and his eyes became more adjusted to the dimness, the mouse had the greatest shock in his life. There, right in front of him, lay a sleeping lion!

The little mouse was terrified. Without wasting a second, he made his escape. But in his haste to run away, the mouse tripped over the lion’s nose! This woke the lion up. He was very angry.

The little mouse trembled in great fright. He immediately picked himself up and tried to dash away. But the lion’s paw clapped down upon him and held him tightly to the ground.

Just as the lion was about to kill him, the mouse quickly spoke, "Please, Mr Lion, do not kill me! I’m so tiny and won’t make a good meal for you. Spare me now and some day I will repay your great kindness!"

When the lion heard that, he was amused. "How could a tiny creature like this repay me?" he thought.

But the lion was full after his hunting that day. So he released his paw and let the mouse go.

Many days later, while the lion was hunting for food, he ran into a hunter’s trap and was caught in a big net. The lion struggled to free himself but the net was too big. Unable to free himself at last, the lion filled the forest with his angry roars.

When the little mouse heard the roaring, he realized that it was the lion that had spared his life. The mouse knew immediately that the lion was in some kind of trouble. He ran as fast as he could to where the lion was.

When the mouse saw that the lion was caught in a net, he quickly gnawed at the net until it parted. The lion was freed. And he was glad that he had spared the little mouse’s life.

12 comments:

Wes J said...

Mr. Cube - Halloween came a day early to the Fredcube site, and it TRICK or treated as Fake Wes J. Imagine my delight to log on today, planning to tie the scoreboard at Fredcube 1 WSCG 1, and instead realizing that a thank you was already posted. What thoughtfulness by Fake Wes J to give you such a dramatic lead. I now can go back to lurking and allow others to comment on my behalf. Really? Whatever! It is what it is! Peace, out!

WSCG - 1
Fredcube - 1

Wesley J said...

So, who is really the fake?????

munsoned said...

What the hell is Fred, Wes, Wesley talking about?

Flintstone R Cube said...

Allow me to explain. "Wes J" is presumably the "real" Wesley. "Wesley J" is presumably another of Brady's alter egos. However - if it is Brady, it's brilliant. The writing is littered with grammatical errors that Brady would have thrown in purposely to make me think it was Shim. But I don't see Shim going to the trouble of creating a new account to call me names. He would rather do that as "Shim" and I respect that.

When I read all of these comments from "Wesley J", I didn't realize they were fake. I never seen "Wes J's" writing, so I didn't know the difference.

Upon reading the comments from "Wesley J" a relatively gentle person, I feared I had "Waked the Lion Up" [ sic ]. Hence, the Aesop-like story and plea for mercy from his terrible wraith [ sic ]. In any event, my pandering to Wesley was a cheap attempt to gain the lead in "Wes J" comment count over Brady. Brady had recently thrown a challenge out there that I gladly accepted. Little did I know what a little ball of jealous snotwipe Brady is.

So in summary, I don't know who "Wesley J" is. He spoke ill of "New Yeller" on WSCG, so I assume it's Buttons Snotwipe AKA Brady. I can't be sure without looking at visitor log files - and where's the fun in that? So it remains a mystery.

Wesley J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wesley J said...

Or perhaps its another Wesley J who happened to google his name, stubbled on to your blog and after a little research was able to rattle your cage a little, and have a great time doing it. If your ever in New Mexico stop by for a visit. It would be great to meet such a legend.

P.S. go a head and check that visitor log.

Shim said...

Hey jack ass leave me out of this!

Go Phillies!

Flintstone R Cube said...

Wesley J, I hadn't considered that scenario. Seems a little far-fetched though. Especially the "googled his name" part. I'm now leaning toward the Shim theory. The shim-like grammatical errors are one reason. Also, Shim always seems to post something around the same time as you. So I now think you're Shim (your Shim). However that leaves one question.

What the hell are you doing in New Mexico, Shim?

Shim said...

Fred, on a hunch I did a little google search of my own. Check out the attached.

http://www.google.com/search?q=wesley+j+roswell+nm&hl=en&pb=r&ei=6tvwSpL_GZOKNfK_4JkD&sa=X&oi=rwp&ct=title&ved=0CBAQ_wI

and he's from Roswell, can you say Alien? That sure explains a lot.

I think you owe me a big fat I'm sorry.

Plus did you ever do that counter searchie thing?

Flintstone R Cube said...

Yeah whatever Shim. Do you mean the "counter thing" that "Wesley J" and not you suggested? Uh-huh. I don't owe you shit. However, I did finally figure out who it is. And not from googling "wesley J roswell nm". See next post ...

brady said...

Has anyone else caught the irony that Shim is talking in front of his own back while he isn't/wasn't there?

Nate Keeler said...

Hey Cube! I got a suhprize for you. Your a idiot. People in france call you "The Shower". Plus you like guys. Suhprize!