Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fredcube, where were you? Quarry Oaks or something?

We were worried sick?

Well I'm glad you asked. As a matter of fact I was at quarry oaks, see?

Here's a shot of me sending a ball to its final resting place somewhere far, far to the right of the fairway. I'll miss that ball. It was so cute and round. Maybe (definitely) I should get up on my right toe better. Oh well, it's a work in progress. Notice, I also broke the tee which is on it's way back to earth in the photo. So yeah. New ball and tee from one swing. Damn.



Here's another lovely view beside the Platte river. This is from the tee box on 13 or 14 (I think 13). My drive went roughly (literally) to the right of about where that cart is leaving me with 207 yard uphill to reach the green in regulation.



From this lie ...


Well, I don't normally hit the 3 hybrid 207 yards level on a good lie, but it was a good swing. I ended up left of the green, but the distance was correct. I most likely got some cart path to lend a hand, but I don't know cause I couldn't see the green from there. Nonetheless, I was very proud of my big boy shot, as can be seen here:


Yeah, that's the mighty Platte River behind me. I went on to bogey the hole (which is what I like to call fredpar).

The course is beautifuller than any I've seen (I've not seen many, but it's still awesome). We were playing from the white tees (1 in from the tips). Until we got to this hole ...




From the white tees, there was no danger. Just nice green fairway all the way to the green. So we decided to play from the black (where I took this photo from) which meant carrying this 180 yards of cavernous weed valley cliff thing. Awesome. By some miracle I took a 3 wood and gently swung it, thinking "just get it halfway there". Cha-ching. Yeah, that was a par (or fredpar, I can't be certain). Anyways, I landed and stopped on the green. Pretty impressive for me - and actually anyone in the world. I'm just saying.

Next highlight. The signature hole at Quarry oaks. Number 17. 394 yard par 4 from the tips (which we played because it was the signature hole). As you can see It is a dogleg left, and really really cool. This was also my best drive of the day. I sent it 250 (way down hill) to about where the guys are standing on the right side of this photo. FORE!!! No, I waited til they cleared out.



I actually did par this one - not just some weird fredpar.


Damage: I don't know, 10 balls lost or so. Which means 10 penalty strokes. I'll have to clean that up a bit.
front 9: 54
back 9: 49
So um: 103

Then we went to Miracle Hill where the warm up at Quarry did me some good. 45 and 44 for a personal best 89 on the course. Sweet.

And yeah, it turned out better than work as I had predicted.

3 comments:

brady said...

Could you work in one of my favorites next time? (Heck, you could even edit this post to include it.) Anyways, one of my all time favs is when folks say, "I seen it". I love hearing that one. It's as pleasant to my ears as the Fed announcing to Wall Street that the economy is healthy again and they're not going to touch that interest rate thingy.

You could say, um write, something like this: "I sent it 250 (way down hill) to about where I seen them guys are standing on the right side of this photo.

Or you could leave it as perfect as it is right now, cause I seen some good shit here already

Shim said...

Dude please get back on the bike, this is just a sad cry for help!

Flintstone R Cube said...

Shim. No.

Brady. I seen that comin' a mile away.

... and scene.